[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Discuss] Syncing audio/video from two sources?
- Subject: [Discuss] Syncing audio/video from two sources?
- From: greg at freephile.com (Greg Rundlett (freephile))
- Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 16:57:47 -0400
- In-reply-to: <D60FD00F.6678Aemail@example.com>
- References: <CAFv2jcZUvLfoZv4hP9YPTc4obS4uayike_bjJAa=qsmY1U4H2w@mail.gmail.com> <D60FD00F.6678Afirstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 4:09 PM, Joe Polcari <joe at polcari.com> wrote: > Stand in front of the camera and clap your hands? > > That's no fun. Get a real Hollywood-style clapstick, and ham up for dramatic effect: "Commencing Blu Video Podcast on my mark" <CLAP /> (/ducks out of the camera view as John says from the laptop "Rolling") :-) > On 10/20/17, 3:17 PM, "Discuss on behalf of John Abreau" > <discuss-bounces+joe=polcari.com at blu.org on behalf of abreauj at gmail.com> > wrote: > > >I've got an HDMI pass-through widget that records the audio and video to a > >file, and I'd like to use it when I record the BLU meetings in order to > >capture the presenter's display and add it to the video from the webcam. > > > >The traditional method of syncing two sources would be to use a physical > >clapstick to create a short, loud snapping sound that can easily be synced > >with one specific frame of the video. But the pass-through widget is > >recording audio and video from the laptop's HDMI port, not from a camera, > >so it cannot capture audio or video of the clapstick to sync with. > > > >An animated clapstick that runs in a web browser should do the trick, but > >several google searches have not turned up anything like that. A > >standalone > >app would also work, though that would mean finding instances for Fedora, > >Ubuntu, MacOS, Windows, and possibly other platforms, as presenters could > >potentially use a wide variety of OSes for their presentations. A web app, > >or perhaps a java app, would be platform agnostic. > > > >Can anyone point me to something like that, or suggest another way I could > >sync the HDMI recording to the webcam recording? > > > > > > > >-- > >John Abreau / Executive Director, Boston Linux & Unix > >Email: abreauj at gmail.com / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID > >0x920063C6 > >PGP-Key-Fingerprint A5AD 6BE1 FEFE 8E4F 5C23 C2D0 E885 E17C 9200 63C6 > >_______________________________________________ > >Discuss mailing list > >Discuss at blu.org > >http://lists.blu.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss > > > _______________________________________________ > Discuss mailing list > Discuss at blu.org > http://lists.blu.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss >
- Prev by Date: [Discuss] Syncing audio/video from two sources?
- Next by Date: [Discuss] Ubuntu 17.10: As messed up as it appears in first impression?
- Previous by thread: [Discuss] Syncing audio/video from two sources?
- Next by thread: [Discuss] Ubuntu 17.10: As messed up as it appears in first impression?