[Discuss] Ubuntu 17.10: As messed up as it appears in first impression?

> Other opinions on it welcome, but specifically:
>
> 1) Is Ubuntu 17.10 ready for casual use?

One data point --
The one package (ack ex ack-grep) that I'm on the upstream team for
has neither prior nor next version available for  17.10 Artful.

Something died in testing and wasn't resolved, just allowed to ship without.
(Looks like a systemic testing issue in our test results, makes no sense.)

So I'd vote NO

(I try to stick with LTS releases for a reason. And don't take those
until (2n).04.1
Eschew the Dot Uh Oh. )

--
Bill Ricker