BLU Officers list archive

[BLU/Officers] UEFI

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org> wrote:

> No. The chances of seeing a Windows 8 UEFI system at the December 8
> installfest are minimal.

Agreed.

> I also think that from the discussions on
> Discuss, available web sites, I'm confident that we will not have much
> problems. I should download a version of Windows 8 on my Technet or MSDN
> account.

AFAIK the signed pre-loaders aren't available yet, so near term UEFI
settings via whatever magic boot chord is the only near-term option. If
doing so, turn off VT as well (if enabled) as otherwise system would be
vulnerable to 'lifting' with unauthorized hypervisor.

When Ubuntu, Fedora, LFI have signed pre-loaders, we will need to
experiment to be confident of pre-loader operations - especially if and how
we can use the LFI pre-loader with distros not bundling it.

--
Bill
@n1vux bill.n1vux at gmail.com