NT & Linux

   From: mikebw at bilow.bilow.uu.ids.net (Mike Bilow)

   On the other hand, I doubt there is any real plan or plot by
   Microsoft, since simple arrogance would be an adequate explanation.

Bill Gates didn't get to be the richest man in the world because he
ignored potential competitive threats.

   Both Windows NT and Windows 95 disable any active partition flag
   for either other operating systems or multiboot loaders.  This
   behavior was also present in DOS at least as early as 4.0, although
   no one probably noticed.

I'm sure that was no accident.

Dale

Dale Worley						worley at world.std.com
--
I get the feeling that the adherents of Anarchism and similar
anti-government political ideas are like the people who want to start