[Fwd: Re: [Ipchains] Deciphering IPCHAINS log entries] (fwd)

I can't remember on which list someone was looking for this info... I
think it was GNHLUG but I'm not sure so I posted to both.

I got this from one of the IPCHAINS guys...  Evidently it's documented in
the source, but I'm generally too lazy to look at it... ;)

The field names (in order of appearance) are :

- chain name (like input/output/forward/your_own_names)
- action (DENY/REJECT/ACCEPT/MASQ/-)
- interface (like eth0 )
- protocol number (look in /etc/protocols for further enlightenment)
- source IP
- source port
- dest IP
- dest port
- length
- TOS flags
- fragment offset
- flags
- ttl of packet
- any special flags (like SYN)
- rule number in round brackets like (#4)