shells and bells

	 If you are going to learn expect (or use it for a simple task),
	 look at autoexpect. I just learned about this from a co-worker.
	 I haven't used it myself, but it looks great.

	 autoexpect  -  generate  an  Expect script from watching a session

It's useful, but really only as a starting point.  In invariably find
that  the  responses  of the other end aren't as predictable as you'd
infer from a simple transcript of a session, and you need to go  back
and add in lists of possible alternate responses.  This isn't putting
autoexpect down; it's just observing that it's only a  "good  start".
It's especially useful for people who haven't used expect much, since
it will give you a functional script that handles the normal case (if
that's what happened in your trial session).

-