Plea for help: The detriment of using Microsoft products

:-) Currently, you run Linux, because you recognize that MS products have
:-)serious issues
<snip>
Is it just me, or does it seem that all this Linux vs. Microsoft stuff is a
little ridiculous? I love Linux, which I am still pretty much a newbie with,
but I also enjoy Win95, Win3x and Dos. I kind of feel like that guy who got
beat up by those LA cops, Rodney King when I say "Can't we all just get
along?" Does it in any way make Linux a stronger OS to be constantly
decrying Microsoft. The learning curve is much steeper. The hardware
compatiblity is significantly less, and (yes, it's true) the available
software is far less. Just go into any computer store. You'll see thousands
of titles for Windows, hundreds for Mac and 3 or 4 for Linux. All this being
said, it is still with out a doubt an incredibly powerful and fun to use
system. My system is dual boot. I'd wager that at least 50% of you out there
are also dual boot. I say we go back to talking about how to use and
configure Linux instead of bashing Microsoft all the time.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Composed and sent in OE4, but so what.
David P. Greenberg
Bitco Electronics