mp3 maintanance (was Re: D'oh! moments)

On Friday 16 May 2003 10:45 am, Scott Prive wrote:
> [...]

I was not specific enough.  Backing up to 120GB CDR or DVDR as the email I
responded to suggested is non-trivial.

I back up to another hard drive myself.  I tried getting a hard drive in a
usb2.0 enclosure to work to back up to, but it is constantly getting
corrupted.  Maybe the RH7.3 kernel doesn't have good enough usb2.0 yet.  I'll
probably upgrade at some point, but for now I'll move the hard drive
internal.  Greater risk of both drived going bad from power surge, but that's
a pretty small risk.

DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD     "To announce that there must be no criticism of the President,
DKK D      or that we are to stand by the President right or wrong, is not
DK KD      only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the
DDDD       American public."                              Theodore Roosevelt