2.6.1 minus sound

OK I know you are all on the edge of your seats waiting for me to fix this
problem - it's done!

Problem was alsa's snd_cs46xx. On my last recompile I decided to compile OSS
in as well, not just the ALSA compat layer but the whole shebang. Then I
rmmod'ed snd_* and modprobe'd cs46xx (the OSS module, not the ALSA one) and
sound began working. lsmod revealed that a bunch of the snd_* modules had
been loaded again, so I guess I basically just swapped snd_cs46xx with
cs46xx. I added cs46xx to /etc/modules for good measure. Now, aside from
error messages from both ALSA and aumix on startup about not being able to
restore the mixer levels, sound is perfect. The mixer ends up being a
non-issue because KDE seems to handle it separately.

I'll add this to my list of gripes about TBSC/ALSA (I've had this problem
since way before 2.6, I remember now).

now 2.6 is just butta.

Zack