Getting started w/ Debian

> On Tuesday 20 July 2004 10:41, Matthew Valites wrote:
>> > I'm planning on doing my first Debian install this week via the install
>> > option of Knoppix.
>>
>> Why are you using Knoppix to install debian?  Debian's net install is
>> very easy and a fairly large selling point in general for the OS.
>
> What does it matter how he gets it installed?

Because Knoppix isn't pure Debian and can cause some problems when
switching over to Debian.

Also, it sounds like he wants to install Woody, but Knoppix gives you an
unstable snapshot, more or less.  If the OP really wants an easy way to
install a non-Woody Debian system, he should try the Sarge installer.

Disclaimer: I've never actually installed Debian via Knoppix, and the
above is based on my understanding that in the installation process
installs the Knoppix system straight to the hard disk.

--
You win again, gravity!