Wireless SRX technology

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 08:40:51PM -0400, Bob Leigh wrote:
> Bill Horne <bill at horne.net> wrote:
> > BTW, there are devices available which will allow use of Cable-TV Coax
> > for wired Ethernet connections: many apartment buildings were built with
> > Cable but without Cat 5, so if he's got some spare RG-59 in the walls,
> > have him call me.
>
> I'd like to hear more about this.  How expensive are these devices, and
> how do they compare with the costs of pulling cat5?

In most situations, pulling cable in a private residence is problematic
unless the builder or a recent homeowner installed empty conduits with
pre-strung pulling cords in it.

(I did this when I rebuilt the floor in my family room years ago).

Overall, I'd rate pulling cable and making the finished wall jacks look
good to take so much time that going wireless is by far the best way to
go.

In the case of paying a contractor to come in and pull the cable/install
the jacks for you< wireless is going to be much lower cost.