$14.95 Verizon DSL

On Sep 30, 2005, at 4:38 PM, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> Comcast is running about 6M right now. Most of my bandwidth tests
> run close
> to this.

I'm not sure what my 800KB/s (BYTES) equates to in terms of Mb/sec,
but at that speed 3GB goes pretty swiftly. :-)

Lately I've been toying with the idea of getting DSL and ditching
Comcast for my data and voice service. I tried to take advantage of
the $99/mo for a year combo you may have seen advertised on TV, but
they wouldn't bite because I already have voice. And to add insult to
injury, it would cost me $150 for the install fee to switch from
Digital Telephone (separate network) to Digital Voice (VoIP).

I've considered going with all alternative providers because I'm so
fed up with the big guys:
1) Speakeasy DSL ($75/mo for 6.0/768)
2) non-Comcast VoIP ($25/mo) - any suggestions?
3) drop back to analog cable
3) install MythTV + bittorrent/usenet (BSG anyone?)

I'm just thankful that I live in a time when I have these
alternatives, even if I never go through with them. ;-)

Drew