We're back in Wonderland, where up is down and it's off with IBM's head in SCO's happy dreams.

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 22:12:32 -0500 (EST)
"Kristian K. Christensen" <kkc at duckpond.dk> wrote:

> Quite frankly, when this whole thing started the executives waited for
> stock to rise, then sold out.
I'm not sure this happened., but we can check records.

> I would assume they keep up the act, even if they know themselves that
> they never had a case, to pretend they didn't know in advance. Nothing in
> this case made me worry for a second and my ulcer takes this part in
> stride too.
I really don't know why they started this case in the first place. The
original plan that Caldera had when it acquired the Unix division from
Santa Cruz (which became Tarantella and now part of Sun), was to be
able to improve Linux and eventually kill the SCO Unix by transitioning
the customer base. But, the real issue for Linux at the time SCO
launched their litigation's was the question mark over Linux
(especially Enterprise).. Remember that SCO sued Auto Zone and
Daimler-Chrysler. They also tried to sell Linux licenses.

I think they never anticipated that IBM would dig in its heals and
fight this to the end. And, of course, there is the litigations against
Novell and Red Hat. Novell is fighting this tooth and nail.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group