Install Ubuntu on Windows as an Application

On 7/6/07, David Rosenstrauch <darose-prQxUZoa2zOsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> ?  It boots right into Ubuntu right from the Windows boot menu.  (It's
> just that Ubuntu happens to live on the Windows partition, rather than
> on its own partition.)  Windows itself never boots, so there's no
> possibility of a keylogger running under Windows.

I see what you mean.  However, I would still think if some spyware
that corrupted the Windows boot loader hooked your request to boot
Linux, then you would be vulnerable.  You are right that it is not
that case that Windows is still receiving key events.  I was under the
wrong impression there.  But boot sector viruses used to be quite
common :-)  There are also BIOS viruses, but we won't get into that
here, because if you have one, not even a format/reinstall will save
you!
--
Kristian Hermansen

believed to be clean.