Can't get videos to play

Jarod Wilson wrote:

> On Jul 10, 2007, at 00:57, David Kramer wrote:
> In the xine case, I believe you're missing xine-lib-extras-nonfree, at
> least if you're using the Fedora Extras xine, which doesn't include a
> number of codecs -- they come from livna instead.
>
> http://livna-dl.reloumirrors.net/fedora/6/i386/xine-lib-extras-nonfree-1.1.6-1.lvn6.i386.rpm

I have been avoiding Livna like the plague, because (by your own advice)
it is incompatible with atrpms.  That package has 11 (11!) dependencies
from Livna, so I can't just download and install that one package.

Would it be safe to enable Livna, install that package and its
dependencies, then lock Livna up in its cage again?

This sucks.

This is the biggest reason I really hoped to get F7 working on my
laptop; they were at least talking about One Repository To Rule Them
All.  It just makes sense.  Maybe a second one for non-free stuff to
keep it separate.

believed to be clean.