Boston Linux Meeting Wed, July 15, 2009 Another Look at MythTV and MythDora

Thanks Dan. Iw as answering his Question for what we wanted to hear in
his presentation, but background is good, too.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 6:40 AM, Dan Ritter<dsr-mzpnVDyJpH4k7aNtvndDlA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

>> * is there a choice besides Haupage?
>
> The backend needs at least one recorder. Ignoring the old
> standard-definition-only interfaces, these range from $10
> FireWire cards (if you have a suitable FireWire-equipped video
> source, like a cable or FIOS set-top box) through $30-$100 USB
> and PCI tuners that attach to either antennae (ATSC / 8VSB) or
> unencrypted cable (ATSC / Clear QAM), to the HDHomeRun, which is
> a pair of tuners and an infrared receiver connected to ethernet,
> to the Hauppauge HDPVR, which is a USB-attached tuner that
> connects to a component HDTV source like a satellite or cable
> STB.

Does the Firewire or HDPVR command the source directly without the
IRblaster hackaround?

--
Bill
n1vux-WYrOkVUspZo at public.gmane.org bill.n1vux-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org