Western Digital 4TB NAS WDH2NC40000N

Back in May, that was Federico's topic. I looked at the Synology DS409
and RS409 and Thecus 4100Pro systems. They were both highly rated and
the only significant  con in the reviews was the fan noise from the
Thecus, but in our case it would sit in the rack in the computer room we
share with others and would certainly be more quiet than our current
Intel whitebox systems. Essentially for $600 including the 2-4TB drives
with the WD MyBook II vs the $900+ prices of the Synology and Thecus
systems (including the drives), the WD wins. I don't know what kind of
budget my boss has, but I know the WD fits and will work in our situation=
=2E

On 07/15/2009 09:07 AM, Kent Borg wrote:
> Jerry Feldman wrote:
>  =20
>> But, the Mybook II simply runs Linux software RAID. Once the box is
>> opened up by enabling ssh and resetting the root password, it is then
>> nothing more than a Linux box.
>>    =20
>
> Very cool.  That box is more interesting once I know that.
>
>  =20

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846