Organizing my files (EASILY!!)

Brendan Kidwell wrote:

> Maybe there's hope. My almost-plain-text notebooks have been in a single
> subversion repository and synced among three hosts for about a year.

I just want to push this point home: the real solution is to stop the mess
from happening. Get friendly with a version control and/or syncing system
that has BEEN AROUND for a while and will still likely be in use for the
foreseeable future. Use them.

Any other copies of your data not in your "system" should be considered
ephemeral... expendable cached copies. Don't leave work lying around, so
that when you see stray files, you know that if you can't tell what they are
right away, you CAN and WILL delete them, right now.

I feel like I'm talking at a support group here... :^)