xdmcp

I spent some time today on this and I can't quite getting to work. I'm
working on a RHEL system which does not have xdm installed, but gdm
instead. Anyway, I've configured xinetd to startup Xvnc but I get a
blank screen. Bascially when Xvnc starts up, what really should happen
is gdm should start in conjunction with Xvnc so that when the vncviewer
windows opens, I have the gdm log in window up and running.

Any ideas of how I should configure the Xvnc service file read by
xinetd? Currently I have this...

[root at basement00 init.d]# more /etc/xinetd.d/xvncserver
service vnc-1024x768x24
   {
     protocol = tcp
     socket_type = stream
     wait = no
     user = nobody
     server = /usr/bin/Xvnc
     server_args = -inetd -query localhost -once securitytypes=none
-geometry 1024x768 -depth 24
   }

I feel like server = /usr/bin/Xvnc needs to be replaced by a script
which in turns calls Xvnc and gdm....

Cheers Steve.