Anyone tried Hexxeh OS?...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/09/business/09ping.html?hp

I sort of feel like, "been there done that", when reading the NYTimes
article. The notion of Chromium and the computing cloud does not sit
well with me. I still want my computing environment to be contained on
my PC, sitting under my desk, and talking to the internet to get
information, not store my information...

Which brings me to the thought of a nice plot for a sci fi story. "The
Cloud was under attack, and society as we new it, was soon to come to an
end..."

:)

Cheers. Steve.