This month's meeting happens to be -- Virtualization

Alas, I can't get to Wednesday night meetings these days--but I noticed that
this month's BLU meeting happens to be on the very subject we've been
debating.

Eugene Gorelik will be discussing OpenVZ, which is the freeware version of
Parallels.  The presentation is a week from next Wednesday (15-Dec).  This
will be a great opportunity for anyone who wants to get started with
open-source virtualization products.  All of them have come a *long* way in
the past 2-3 years, and during that same time the standard home computer
(desktop or laptop) has evolved to included symmetric multiprocessing with
multiple CPU cores.  The technology is here now, costs nothing, and is easy
enough for a beginner.

-rich