[Discuss] OT: a Noplan Phone?

On 7/8/2012 4:57 PM, Gregory Boyce wrote:
> Sounds like you essentially want an iPod touch or the Android equivalent.
> There have been a few 5" or smaller "tablets".

I suggest a slightly different approach.  Go to the T-Mobile to Go site
and find an Android phone that you like.  Buy it with the one month
pre-paid plan.  Then activate airplane mode which turns off all of the
radio transceivers.  Turn WiFi back on.  Let the one month expire.

You then have an Android device that doesn't totally suck, doesn't cost
you a leg plus an arm every month for two years, has a speaker and mic
so you don't require a headset, and can still be used to make 911 calls
if you aren't in range of an available access point.

I suggest T-Mobile because they have a good selection of Android devices
and they're not Cingular/AT&T.

--
Rich P.