[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Discuss] Replacing AD with Samba4
- Subject: [Discuss] Replacing AD with Samba4
- From: blu at nedharvey.com (Edward Ned Harvey (blu))
- Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 12:59:22 +0000
- In-reply-to: <99bbaba1.1ER.1lD.1V.i0YTAp@mailjet.com>
- References: <email@example.com> <BY1PR0401MB1641F474F615CADDA2D93BA8DC7F0@BY1PR0401MB1641.namprd04.prod.outlook.com> <99bbaba1.1ER.1lD.1V.i0YTAp@mailjet.com>
> From: Rich Braun [mailto:richb at pioneer.ci.net] > > I guess I didn't make it clear: this is my home LAN. My domain controllers > exist solely to support a couple of Windows instances that run software that > has yet to become available on Linux, and/or devices that want to > communicate > with SMB network shares. Oh - Uh - That makes a lot of sense now. ;-) The part that's still missing is: Why run a domain at all? Why not just let the couple of windows boxen run standalone, and use basic authentication to the SMB share?