[Discuss] systemd explanations

On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 16:40:58 +0000
Mike Small <smallm at sdf.org> wrote:

> After years of liking
> OpenBSD best, for some strange reason -- maybe an allergic reaction to
> all the anti-GNU, anti-GPL, and anti-rms sentiment on BSD mailing
> lists and podcasts

Yeah, what the heck is *that* all about? Check out this thread from
yesterday:

http://tinyurl.com/jns62v8

OK, so one troll tastelessly trots out a loving tribute to RMS, on the
OpenBSD mailing list, and they go after him. Fine. But in going after
him, this other guy Furman insults all Linux users, so I call him on it,
opening a huge anti-Linux spigot.

Go on any Linux mailing list, and *BSD is seen as a close cousin, and a
deployment possibility for many use cases. Go on the OpenBSD list, and
Linux is seen as some sort of heresy.

It's too bad. OpenBSD is an excellent OS that always works right. But
if the cost of using OpenBSD is hearing all that anti-Linux stuff,
perhaps I better stay away from it.

SteveT

Steve Litt
February 2016 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key