BLU Officers list archive

[BLU/Officers] Installfest issues

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 6:36 PM, John Abreau <jabr at blu.org> wrote:

>  due to the holiday weekend, so I resubmitted the request for
> alternate dates of August 18 and September 8.

Agreed.

> Also, the confirmation message includes new text about E51 being locked
> on weekends:
> > Also note that Building E51 is locked on the weekends. Attendees will
> need
> > to use their MIT ID cards to access the building at the entrance facing
> the
> > Amherst Street Parking Lot.
>
> Not sure if it's just a change of wording in the standard message
> boilerplate or
> if it represents an actual change in how we're able to access the building.

probably both.

 If Kurt can let us in in the morning and we station a greater upstairs it
could work.
:-(

probably a bad idea.

If it turns out to be a problem, what are your thoughts about possible
> alternate
> locations for our Installfests? It says E51 is locked on weekends; it
> doesn't
> say *all* MIT buildings are locked.

there may be buildings unlocked on weekends - ones with many rooms in use.

Ubuntu group had a sponsor in Media Lab so got to use their lobby, very
nice hip space.

--
Bill
@n1vux bill.n1vux at gmail.com