[Discuss] I, uh, deleted the wrong kernel....

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 03:43:23PM -0500, Derek Martin wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 12:59:34PM -0400, David Kramer wrote:
> OTOH, I'm not loving a lot of the Linux desktop changes either... like
> ultra-thin scrollbars (and/or overlay scrollbars) that seem to be a
> favorite of at least some distros now...  There's been more than one
> occasion when I thought, "Jeez, I should really just install fvwm and
> run startx from the console, be done with this..."

startx and xfce4. In addition to shipping in most distros, it has easily
replaceable themes -- three or four dozen usually come shipped,
ranging from clones of other windowing managers through
specialized high-contrast, dark, bright, B5-flavored...

Starting a new theme is as easy as copying a directory under a
new name and pulling out gimp to work on a bunch of xpm
graphics.

-dsr-